by Chef Monica Hayes-Jones
- 1/4 cup MUMBO BARBECUE SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salad mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
For the dressing:
Whisk MUMBO SAUCE, sugar and lime juice. Set aside.
For the salad:
Place first 7 ingredients into a large bowl. Drain and rinse black beans. Place into bowl with vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle dressing over veggies and toss. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Click Here to view the “Cooking with the pros” video